The summer months often rhyme with barbecue. To change from chipolatas and other sausages, choose skewers! Simple to make, the secret lies in the marinade. For this recipe, I suggest a sweet / salty version with soy, ginger and lime that brings a touch of exoticism and honey that softens the marinade and allows a nice caramelization.
I made chicken skewers but you can use beef or shrimp. And for a more gourmet version, do not hesitate to add mushrooms, peppers and / or onions.
Ingredients for 2 people :
- 2 chicken cutlets
- 8 tablespoons low-fat soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of creamy honey
- About 4-5 cm of ginger
- 1 lime
- 1 glass of rice
1. In a bowl, pour the soy sauce and then the honey. Mix well to dilute the honey. Some soy sauces are saltier than others and some honeys are sweeter than others, so try to see if the salt / sugar balance is good; rectify if necessary.
Add the grated ginger, the zest and a dash of lime.
2. Cut the chicken cutlets into large cubes. Marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
3. Stake the chicken pieces on the skewers.
4. Skewers on the barbecue grill, 2 minutes per side.
5. Serve with rice, seasoned with a mix of soy, honey, lime and ginger.
Did you like these marinated chicken skewers with honey? you can discover the Bruschetas with honey and mint goat cheese here.
Recipe written by Myriam (aumenuilya) exclusively for Apis Cera.