Mireille, is a natural Honey & Lavender scented organic candle in its luxurious mottled golden and night-blue glass.
Entirely hand-made with 100% organic soy and beeswax.
This candle model was baptized “Mireille” (Mirèio) in reference to the name invented by the poet Frédéric Mistral. From the Latin miracula (prodigy), it is the Provencal form of the name Marie.
Its delicate honey and lavender perfume has been elaborated in the Grasse region in South of France (Provence) – and is, of course, natural and organic.
Honey evokes the magical nectar of the beehive and lavender, its floral note so characteristic of the small purple flower of the highlands of Valensole.
Let us be lulled by these few lines of Mirèio, poem by Frédéric Mistral (1859):
Here were her childhood’s little treasures all:
Here sacredly she kept the coronal
Worn at her first communion; and thereby
A faded sprig of lavender and dry,
And a wax taper almost burned, as well,
Once blessed, the distant thunder to dispel.
Bonus: we are fortunate to have an original illustration by artist Katie Rodgers on each little booklet that accompanies the candles.
– All of our candles are made in traditional fashion, in harmony with Nature
– Color & scent may vary from one candle to another
Approximately 60 hours
– Leave the candle burning for at least two and a half hours or wait until the surface has entirely melted. It will prevent the formation of a pool
– If the flame is too big, the wick needs to be shortened. Put out the candle and cut the wick a little. It should be approx. half an inch (15 mm).
– Don’t let it burn for more than 3 hours in a row
– For safety, please be sure the candle-holder is placed on a stable, heat-resistant surface
Candle: 3.5” x 3.9” (300 grams without glass)
Box: 4.3” x 4.3” x 4.3”